Listen Learn Lead Live!

Monday 21 November 2011

Doe Lake

Have any of you been to Doe Lake Camp? 
I was very excited when I was a Girl Guide to get to go one summer. We had to get up early so my parents could drive me into Toronto to catch a bus that would take us up there.  I think it was the first time I was away from home for so long!

You can see me in the picture, with my younger brother and sister.  This is before I had to leave, I was wearing my camp uniform.  We had to have special camp clothing to wear , and of course the Camp Hat!  I still have the hat, although I must confess I really don't like wearing hats (even if it is required by Girl Guides), so I don't wear it anymore. (I do have a different hat that I wear when camping...have to set an example for the Brownies and Sparks!) 

I remember all the camp leaders had different 'camp' names... Beans and Irish are two that I remember.  I also remember that we all had jobs and the worst was cleaning the Lats!  (P-U!)  I guess you have all experienced that if you 've been camping.  I also remember trying to cook our own food (!!) That was fun!  The mosquitoes were terrible and I absolutely hate bugs, but I got use to sleeping down in my sleeping bag holding the top closed all night to keep out the mosquitoes!  The best part was going to the Tuk shop, and of course getting a letter from home...

Do you have any camp memories to share?  I think some of you had some exciting camping experiences this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment